Scholarships: The Open University is pleased to announce Ph.D. Research Studentships in the School of Engineering and Innovation within the Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Host College/University: The Open University. Public university in Milton Keynes, England. The Open University is ranked 2nd in the UK for its Education research.
Degree level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD research programme.
Field of Study: Studentships are awarded in the School of Engineering and Innovation.
- 3D printing of materials optimized for acoustical performance
- A Novel Hybrid Method for Reliable Surface Residual Stress Measurement
- Adhesive, tribological, and lithographic behavior of novel silicone liquids
- Advancing the contour method for the measurement of residual stress in composite materials
- Creep Damage Measurement of Austenitic Stainless Steel Using Hydrogen Desorption
- Deformation due to cyclic loading in additively manufactured nickel base superalloys
- Design and validation of 3D printed aperiodic cellular structures
- Functionalisation of titanium alloy surfaces
- Hybrid structures for low-cost batteries and supercapacitors
- Inclusive design of buildings, places and other designed things from a disability perspective
- Mechanical Anisotropy in Additively Manufactured Aerospace Alloys
- Micromechanical study of engineering alloys using high-resolution digital image correlation
- Microplastic Contamination Environmental Impact of Plastic Materials in Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Rapid Acquisition of Biomaterial Degradation Kinetics
- Socio-technical decisions and their carbon consequences in building developments
- The potential health impacts associated with food waste storage, collection, and processing
- Towards co-creation of the urban built environment using Participatory GIS to give an equal voice to women and other under-represented groups
- Understanding and Visualizing Design Margins in Engineering Design
Scholarship Award: Approximate stipends of £14,553, tuition fees are covered.
Nationalities: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates are required to have at least a good undergraduate degree (minimum 2:1) in a relevant subject. Studentships cover full-time fees and a stipend for three years (UK/EU rate).
Applicants must have good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Please provide a completed application form, an up-to-date CV with 3 academic references, a cover letter up to 1000 words, an
- IELTS English Language test score (for non-native English language speakers), ensuring you have clearly indicated the project(s) of interest. Completed forms and documentation should be sent by email to STEM-EI-RESEARCH-at-open.ac.uk by the date stated in the project description. Interviews will be held at our Milton Keynes Campus early in March 2018.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2018