Scholarship Brief Description: The University of Queensland is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship in Biomedical Imaging Technology. The scholarship is open to the outstanding domestic or international of high scholarly caliber and will have a first class honours degree, masters degree or equivalent.
Host College/University: The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australasia. UQ also admits the majority of its state’s top achievers. The main campus occupies much of the riverside inner suburb of St Lucia, southwest of the Brisbane central business district. Other UQ campuses and facilities are located throughout Queensland, the largest of which are the Gatton campus and the Herston medical school. UQ’s overseas establishments include the Brunei Clinical School and the UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, United States.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Biomedical Imaging Technology.
Scholarship Award: $27,082 (2018 rate) indexed annually + possible top-up.
Nationalities: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Please submit your scholarship application to hdr-at-cai.uq.edu.au.
Applying procedure Instructions:
All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and suitability for this research.
- Academic CV, including details of two referees.
- International applicants: Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements.
- Academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, complete or incomplete, including the institution grading scale.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 26, 2018