Scholarship: The University of Tartu is currently accepting applications for 2018 Jaan Einasto Scholarship to study in Estonia. Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim of the Fund is to improve the innovative development of Estonia by supporting international collaboration between the University of Tartu, Tartu Observatory, and other universities and science institutions around the world in the field of astronomy and space technology and by supporting the popularization of knowledge in order to develop a scientific worldview among the youth.
Host College/University: Ranked in the top 1, 2% of the best universities in the world, the University of Tartu is a prestigious public research university located in Estonia. It is home to 13 000 students, incl. 1500 international students.
Degree level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Field of Study: Scholarship is awarded in the field of astronomy and space technology.
Scholarship Award: One scholarship in the amount of 2000 EUR.
Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Those eligible to apply include doctoral students or young researchers (up to 40 years old, inclusive) from foreign universities who are coming to perform research at the University of Tartu or at the Tartu Observatory, as well as PhD students or researchers from the University of Tartu or from the Tartu Observatory who are transferring to a foreign university and whose research is related to astronomy or space technology.
The scholarship is determined on the basis of the applicant’s achievements in the field, the substantiality and innovation of the research, and the planned purpose of the scholarship.
English Language Requirements: In order to start studies in Estonian, students are required to be sufficiently fluent in Estonian. Applicants who have a good command of the Estonian language, but who do not have a certificate of the language proficiency need to take an exam prior to their studies, in the end of August (except for the applicants of the Estonian group of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy).
Applying procedure Instructions:
- An electronic application form containing an overview of academic and social activities, a recommendation from a supervisor, a budget for the planned research, the sources and amounts of co-financing;
- An overview of the planned scientific or research study (add to the electronic application);
- An overview of the planned activity popularizing science (add to the electronic application);
- A recommendation from the faculty dean or institution’s director (a recommendation is a part of the electronic application);
- For UT doctoral students and researchers, a confirmation from the host university or institution about starting the studies or research (add to the electronic application).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: May 1, 2018