Scholarships: French Government Scholarship Applications are invited for PhD students of Czech universities, in any field of study. These grants will be awarded in 2018 by the French Embassy in the Czech Republic.
Host College/University: France’s embassy in Prague is the only French representation in the Czech Republic. The Czech Republic in France: The Czech Republic has 8 representations in France. These representations include an embassy in Paris consulates in Bordeaux, Dijon, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, and Strasbourg.
Degree level: Scholarships are available for postgraduate studies under a dual degree or a research internship in a French laboratory. These scholarships are intended for Ph.D. students of Czech universities who wish to achieve, in any field of study either:
- and a co-supervised Ph.D. thesis (“cotutelle”) with a French university
- an internship for a period of one to three months in a French research laboratory
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in the following areas:
- Natural Sciences and Earth Sciences.
- Exact and engineering sciences.
- Economic and legal sciences.
- Social Sciences and Humanities.
Nationalities: Czech Universities Students are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken at Czech and French colleges or universities.
Scholarship: The scholarship receives a contribution of EUR 767 per month (equivalent to CZK 19 621). When searching for accommodation in France, he can use the services of Campus France. Length of accommodation must not exceed the period during which the scholarship is paid.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Study scholarships for postgraduate studies are designed for students enrolled in a Czech research institute who have already received a diploma of completed university education (diploma and the corresponding academic degree of Ing. Or Mgr.) Before or after leaving for studies in France.
- Note on the level of French knowledge.
- Scholarships for postgraduate studies are also addressed to non-French students, provided that the French teacher’s letter states that the French college or university will agree to study in English. In this case, all necessary documents may be delivered in English, and the presentation before the jury may also be in English.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions: The scholarship application must be delivered in electronic form by 16 March 2018 at 17:00 to the following address: sciences.prague-at-gmail.
Scholarship application documentation:
- Biography – a maximum of two pages written in French or English containing the exact contact details of the applicant (address, telephone number, e-mail) ·
- Motivational letter – maximum two pages are written in French or English specifying the intended career direction of the tenderer justifying the selection of the type studying and explaining the selection of France as a study destination.
- Description of the project – a maximum of two pages written in French or English, which details the planned research project, including a period of three planned five-month stays in France * and the names and contact details of both – Czech French instructor.
- A letter from the French supervisor responsible for doctoral studies expressing consent with the fact that he will lead a doctorate with his Czech colleague and at the same time he will commit to accepting of his research team of the Czech doctoral student during his three five – month stays in France. At the same time, it must be certain that the student will be recognized as his current undergraduate studies, and that he obtains a certificate of equivalence with the French master’s degree. This letter must include the dates of the candidate’s stay.
- A letter from the Czech supervisor responsible for the doctorate expressing his consent to lead Doctorate with his French colleague; this letter must be submitted along with its translation into French or English. This letter must contain data residence of the candidate.
- Review of marks (test results) from previous university studies (at least from last two years)
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: March 16, 2018.