Applications are invited for Two PhD scholarships on “Processing and preservation of Fruits (1 position) and Green leafy vegetables (1 position) in Tanzania “at the Department of Food Biotechnology and Nutritional Sciences.
The FruVaSe project will start in September 2018 to work on “Fruits and vegetables for all seasons: Improved resource-efficient processing techniques and new market solutions for surplus fruits and vegetables for rural development in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST), is one in a network of Pan-African Institutes of Science and Technology located across the African continent.
Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded on “Processing and preservation of Fruits (1 position) and Green leafy vegetables (1 position) in Tanzania “at the Department of Food Biotechnology and Nutritional Sciences – Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology in collaboration with the Department of Crop Sciences, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- Scholarship according to NM-AIST fees structure
- International and interdisciplinary environment to work together with several other PhD and MSc students from different disciplines in all participating countries
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken inTanzania.
- MSc with distinction/ honours/GPA 3.8 in Food Technology, Food Sciences and Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Horticultural Sciences or any related field
- Very good command of English
- Field experience in rural areas of SSA
- Team player; willingness to assume responsibility and work on own initiative
- High interest in food product development and other disciplines
- Proficiency in relevant statistics is essential
- Willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary team, to travel and spend several months alternately in East Africa and Germany
- Applicant must have an NM-AIST admission letter
- Experience in fruits and vegetable processing will be an added advantage
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have a very good command of English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Please submit your application documents (CV, a one-page motivation statement, and a synopsis of your proposed research (max. four pages)). Deadline for Application: 20th July 2018, 18.00 Hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
July 20, 2018