Scholarships: The Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Edith Cowan University (ECU) offer co-funded scholarships to students from Pakistan to undertake the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at ECU.
Host College/University: Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship includes a living allowance of $28,000 per annum, return airfare from Pakistan to Perth, tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course, opportunities for teaching assistants and research assistant positions, and access to research and writing consultants.
Nationalities: Students from Pakistan are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be nominated by HEC.
- Be supported by the relevant School at ECU and be assigned a supervisory team.
- Fulfil academic entry requirements set by ECU, including English language proficiency.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions: Nomination: HEC will nominate candidates for consideration by ECU
ECU selection and application:
- ECU will invite candidates to put in an application for admission.
- ECU will issue a formal offer of acceptance to candidates who meet all requirements.
- ECU will provide a list of successful candidates and a copy of the offer letter to HEC.
- Successful candidates with full offers can begin their application for their student visa. At all times students registered at ECU must comply with all requirements for the student visa.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: December 31, 2017