Scholarship: Imperial College London is inviting applications for Imperial Post-Doctoral, Post-CCT Research Fellowship (IPPRF) scheme. This award is funded jointly by the Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine and the Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund.
Host College/University: Imperial College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. Its founder, Prince Albert, envisioned an area composed of the Victoria and Albert Museum, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall, and the Imperial Institute.
Degree level: Scholarships are available to conduct clinical research.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Post-Doctoral, Post CCT Research Fellowship provides:
- Two years (maximum, full time) bridging time to conduct clinical research
- Consultant clinical academic salary (at the first threshold of the salary scale)
- Research expenses
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Nationalities: International students are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be fully qualified medical doctors, have been awarded a PhD or MD within the last 4 years and hold a CCT, or be within 12 months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Applying procedure Instructions: Applicants to submit finalised application documentation online via ICL Job Applicant section to include:
- Job Application form. Applicants should apply online. The Job Reference is: MED00124
- CV (maximum 5 pages)
- Completed and FoM Department approved IPPRF Award form (including costings)
The IPPRF award application process comprises 2 stages. Before submitting anything interested applicants should first approach the relevant department in the Faculty of Medicine to discuss their research interest and establish whether the department is able to support their application.
Stage 1: Applicants must gain support from the proposed ‘host’ Department in the ICL Faculty of Medicine using the Award Application form before finalising and submitting their applications to the Job Applicants section of the ICL website
Stage 1: Departmental Deadline: January 24, 2018
Applicants to contact FoM Depts to identify potential projects, get confirmation of support and InfoEd costings for including in Award application form (before submitting formal ‘job’ application). This the absolute latest date that applicants can approach departments, they are advised to do so as early as possible. See ‘Further information’ for guidance and Award application form template.
Stage 2: Applicants must submit the signed/approved IPPRF Award application form, and upload their CV and completed Job Application via the Job Applicants section of the ICL website
Stage 2: Application Deadline: February 21, 2018
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 21, 2018