The University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for Postdoctoral research position in language and computation. This position is available for international students.
The Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) is a renowned research institute at the University of Amsterdam, in which researchers from the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Science collaborate. The research carried out at Humanities forms one of the six research schools within this faculty.
Position is available to study Postdoctoral research Programme.
Field of Study:
Position is available in language and computation.
Salary €3,303 to €3,916 gross per will be awarded.
- International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Up to 2 (Two) scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands.
- have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or computer science with a strong focus on language, or another related field;
- have an excellent record of publication in top journals;
- have a strong motivation to undertake excellent academic research;
- be able and willing to work in a team and in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Have an excellent command of English.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have an excellent command of English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Your application should consist of the following material:
- a cover letter of maximum two A4 pages explaining your reasons for applying for the position and how they can contribute to the project in terms of both teamwork and expertise (with reference to your doctoral studies, publication record and writing sample);
- a CV, including: (a) details of studies and in particular a list of completed courses and corresponding grades; (b) a list of all relevant outputs (especially articles and talks); (c) the names of two referees;
- a writing sample of maximum 8,000 words. This can (but need not be) a chapter of your PhD thesis, in which case it is expected that the writing sample would still be sufficiently self-contained. The writing sample should be demonstrably relevant to the project’s themes and objectives.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Scholarship Link: ◄–
September 25, 2018.