Scholarships: The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is delighted to announce Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics for African Scientists. Two fellowships are available, funded by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) and GSK, respectively; provide support for two years training in medical statistics.
This support is intended to foster excellence in the field of medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
Host College/University: London School’s mission is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
Degree level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postgraduate training programme.
Field of Study: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Medical Statistics.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will provide costs for fees, stipend (£16,400 per annum) and return air travel.
- Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Nationalities: Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible:
- (i) be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa
- (ii) be in possession of an excellent degree in mathematics or statistics
- (iii) have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology
- (iv) Students must meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (as required by the School’s Admissions system).
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Candidates should complete an application form and provide a curriculum vitae, two references, and an academic transcript. An application form and referee form can be downloaded by clicking on the links.
- The closing date for applications is 13th April 2018. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone.
- Completed application forms, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and references should be emailed to: teg-at-lshtm.ac.uk.
- Please include “TEG Fellowship Application” and your name in the subject line.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: April 13, 2018