Scholarships: The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and University of Queensland (UQ) are delighted to offer its PhD Scholarship for Chinese students to pursue postgraduate research. The scholarship covers living allowance, health insurance in Australia, one return airfare from China to Australia, and your Australian student visa application fees. The aim of the scholarship is to provide support and research training for students from a wide range of universities in China through the ‘CSC-UQ PhD Scholarship’.
Host College/University: The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australasia.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate research and PhD programe.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: CSC Scholarship funding covers living allowance, health insurance in Australia, one return airfare from China to Australia, and your Australian Student Visa application fees. Successful applicants who are offered a place in the University’s PhD program and supported by their School will also receive a UART (University of Queensland Research Training) Tuition Fee Offset that covers your PhD tuition fees for four years.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants from China are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Apply to The University of Queensland.
- Before you can apply for the CSC-University of Queensland (UQ) PhD Scholarship, you must first be offered a place in The University of Queensland’s PhD program. Students wishing to apply for admission to University of Queensland should follow the how to apply process.
- You should clearly note that you are applying for a CSC-University of Queensland Scholarship in the application form. Enrolling schools and institutes have strict closing dates for CSC-University of Queensland PhD scholarship applications.
- Apply for the CSC-University of Queensland PhD Scholarship.
- Applicants should contact the CSC Scholarship Liaison officer at their university in China for assistance with their application.
- The selection criteria, application form and CSC Employer Reference is available to download from the CSC website.
- Applicants should apply to the CSC for the maximum scholarship duration of 4 years.
- Please do not submit your CSC-University of Queensland PhD Scholarship application to The University of Queensland, it can only be accepted and processed by the CSC.
- Visiting Researchers and Postdoctoral Fellows-
- If you intend to come to UQ to complete short-term research as a Visiting Researcher or a Postdoctoral Fellow please contact your proposed school or institute, details can be found here.
- A Visiting Researcher or Postdoctoral Fellow will not be enrolled at University of Queensland on a formal program of study; therefore the process to apply for this type of placement is different.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: December 1, 2017