Scholarships: The Welcome Trust/DBT India Alliance now wishes to invite applicants for its Senior and Intermediate Research Fellowship to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India. Fellowship is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
The aim of the fellowship is to supports outstanding researchers of any nationality, either medically qualified or science graduates, who wish to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India.
Host College/University: The Welcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1936 with legacies from the pharmaceutical magnate Sir Henry Welcome to fund research to improve human and animal health.
Degree level: Fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
Field of Study: Fellowship is awarded to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal welfare.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship has the tenure of five years and provides:
- The Fellow’s personal support.
- Research expenses, including research assistance if required (normally funding for four research staff may be requested).
- The total award for a Senior Fellowship typically includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. For further details, see costing policies. Costs requested by the applicant must be commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
- Time permitted for non-research related activity during the fellowship is normally restricted to a maximum of eight hours each week.
Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants must be a basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Full applications are accepted by invitation only.
- Full applications must be submitted using IASys, our online application system. The link to access the Full Application is provided in the email invitation.
- Applicants who have limited/unreliable access to the internet should email the Office in the first instance.
- Full applications require a synergistic interaction between all the individuals named on the application such as the applicant, sponsor, research sponsor, fellowship supervisor, host institution administration etc., and it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that it is submitted by the prescribed deadline. Late applications received due to delays caused between participants on an application will not be accepted.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 15, 2018