Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded to conduct a research project under supervision for eight weeks between June and August at New Zealand’s leading university. The main purpose of these Scholarships is to encourage the development of and strengthening of research relationships with the University of Auckland.
Host College/University: The University of Auckland.
Degree level: Scholarships are available to conduct a research project under supervision for eight weeks between June and August at New Zealand’s leading university.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in the field offered by the university.
Nationalities: Scholarships are open to students from selected international universities.
Scholarship Award: Up to $4,400 stipend plus up $2,000 travel allowance and international student health and travel insurance. Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand.
Number of Scholarships: There are 30 scholarships available.
- The Scholarships are tenable by students enrolled at either the University of Bristol, University of Southampton, Zhejiang University, Pennsylvania State University, Tecnologico de Monterrey or the University of Hong Kong at the time of application.
- To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must satisfy the requirements of regulations 5, 7, 8 and 9. Undergraduate students who will have completed at least two years of equivalent full-time study in an undergraduate degree at the time of take-up of the award, and students who are enrolled in a sub-doctoral postgraduate programme at the time of application (provided they will not commence doctoral study prior to or during the tenure of the scholarship), are eligible for consideration for a University of Auckland Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarship.
- A student must have a Scholarship Grade Point Equivalent of 6.00 or above over their two most recent years of fulltime study (or equivalent) to be considered for a scholarship (see Note iii).
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Students should have electronic copies of the following ready:
- CV details
- Official academic transcript
- Any project-specific information that has been requested by the faculty (as noted in the project description)
- Before students can apply for a University of Auckland Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarship, theywill need to apply for admission to the programe.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 12, 2018