Scholarships: Applications are invited from Mexican students for the award of Masters or PhD programme scholarships offered by the RMIT University and the Bank of Mexico, Trustee for the Mexican Federal Government’s “Fund for Human Resource Development” (FIDERH). The FIDERH-RMIT scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to talented Mexican students who want to pursue Masters and PhD programs at RMIT.
Host College/University: RMIT University (officially the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, informally RMIT) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria. Founded in 1887 as the Working Men’s College by Francis Ormond, it initially opened as a private night school offering instruction in art, science and technology in response to the industrial revolution in Australia. It was made a public university by act of the Parliament of Victoria in 1992 after merging with the Phillip Institute of Technology. A dual sector institute, its enrolment of 320 trades students in 1887 has since grown to around 83,000 vocational and higher education students in 2015, which makes it the largest tertiary education provider in Australia. With an annual revenue of A$1.163 billion in 2015, it is also one of the wealthiest universities in Australia.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarship is available to pursue master and PhD programme.
Scholarship Duration: Two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
Scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
Art, Design and Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering ,Environment and Sustainability, Health and Medical Sciences, International and Community Services, Justice and Legal, Science.
Scholarship Award:The joint funded scholarship provides:
- Tuition fee support by RMIT to the value of 15% of the tuition fees.
- Graduate Loan Tuition Fee Support by FIDERH up to a total of $200,000 Mexican Pesos each year to cover remaining tuition fees, living allowance and health insurance.
- The scholarships are funded for a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD (with possibility for extension).
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Mexico are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts from all qualifications undertaken (must list subjects undertaken and grades achieved on official paper/letterhead of the institution).
- Certified copies of all graduation certificates in both original language and in English – official award stating the full title of qualification, date of completion and name of graduate on official paper/letterhead of the institution.
- Evidence of English language level (where necessary) – English language proficiency test scores. View a list of accepted English language proficiency tests.
- Find an RMIT Masters or PHD course.
- Coursework applicants see Masters by Coursework.
- Research applicants find two supervisors whose background is aligned to your research interests and prepare a Research topic proposal.
- Make an application to study at RMIT University.
- Receive your offer from RMIT.
- Apply for Graduate Loan-Tuition Fee Support Program with FIDERH
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: Applications are open throughout the year, with three selection periods: December, March and May.