- University of Surrey, Department of Sociology Visiting International Fellowship in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarship at Swansea University in UK, 2018
- Robust and Predictive Energy Management of Hybrid Electric Vehicles PhD Studentship, UK 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarships at Swansea University in UK, 2018-2019
- AVAST Research Fellowship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2018
- Winton Advanced Research Fellowships in Physics of Sustainability, UK 2019
- PhD Fellowships at SDU Center for Energy Informatics to study in Denmark, 2018
- Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in Denmark, 2018
- RMIT International Excellence Scholarship for Undergraduate and Master in Australia, 2019
- Nottingham Trent University Postgraduate Scholarships for International in UK, 2019
Robert S. Hilbert Memorial Optical Design Competition in North America, 2018
The Synopsys Optical Solutions Group invites applicants to participate in Robert S. Hilbert Memorial Optical Design Competition. The competition is open to the students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program in North America, working toward a bachelor’s, masters, or Ph.D.
To participate, students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work that uses CODE V or Light Tools. Awards totaling $4,000 will be granted.
- Students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work.
- Awards totaling $4,000 are granted.
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program in North America, working toward a bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D.
- The competition is limited to students who are attending North American Universities and Colleges.
- All entries completed and turned in to your professor during the current school year are eligible.
- Have not won this competition in prior years (past winners of this competition are not eligible).
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form through the given link: https://www.synopsys.com/content/dam/synopsys/optical-solutions/documents/entry-form2018.pdf
To participate, students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work that uses CODE V or LightTools.
To participate applicants must submit the following:
- Your work must have been completed using CODE V® or Light Tools® software, and demonstrate knowledge of optics, optical engineering, and optical design software.
- Project/Paper may be submitted “as is”. No special format is required.
- For project reports that exceed 10 pages in length, please submit a short synopsis of your project of no more than 10 pages. Any figures included in the synopsis should be identical to those in the original project report.
- Additional CODE V or Light Tools output and explanations of how software was used in the project/paper is required if not part of the original paper. This additional information is optional if CODE V and Light Tools use is already explained in the paper.
- Professor signature required (designated space is on the entry form).
The applicants can submit their entry either email or mail as the following:
- Emailed: Project/Paper may be submitted electronically. Email your entry form, paper, and supporting files to [email protected]
- Mailed: A printed version, with supporting files on a CD, may also be mailed to Synopsys at:
Synopsys Optical Solutions Group,
Attn: Student Optical Design Competition,
199 S. Los Robles Avenue, Suite 400,
Pasadena, CA 91101
Scholarship Official Web Links:
The application deadline is June 15, 2018.