Scholarships: The new Sir James Knott Fellowship is now available on offer at Newcastle University in the UK. The studentship is only open to international candidates.
Host College/University: Newcastle University (officially, the University of Newcastle at Tyne) is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England.
Degree level: Studentship is available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Field of Study: PhD Studentship in Research to Policy and Practice related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Scholarship Award: 100% Band 2 tuition fees* at the overseas/international rate and an annual stipend at Research Council UK rate (£14,764 2018/19) tenable for 3 years with an additional £4,000 for travel and consumables over the duration of the award.
Nationalities: The studentship is only open to international candidates. Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Preference will be given to a non-Newcastle University graduate. The studentship is only open to international candidates who are eligible for both stipend and tuition fees.
- Students need a good level of English language to study at Newcastle University. English will be the main language you use socially and for study. If English is not their first language they will need to provide a recognized English language test or qualification.
Applying procedure Instructions: The candidate must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application form.
Only mandatory fields need to be completed however, you will need to include the following information:
- Insert the relevant programme code in the programme of study section
- Insert the relevant project studentship code in the studentship/partnership reference field
- Attach a two-page covering letter relating to your project of choice, CV and additional supporting documentation as detailed in the application guide.
The online application system will only allow one application to an academic school. If you are applying for TWO projects in the same academic school then you will need to e-mail Postgraduate Admissions: pgadmissions-at-ncl.ac.uk, with the following:
- Your applicant number (from the first project application)
- The second project title
- A two-page covering letter for the second project
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄– Click Here
Scholarship Deadline: January 29, 2018