The University of Hamburg PhD Fellowships
The University of Hamburg is currently accepting applications for 3 PhD fellowships in the European Training Network POEM. The University aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching and explicitly encourages qualified women to apply.
The aim of the POEM programme is to contribute to future-envisioning heritage politics, the empowerment of groups on the margins, and their potential to participate in the civil society as well as in the labour markets.
At the center of the institute’s work in Hamburg is an empirical cultural research that focuses on European societies in a present-day and historical perspective. In particular, research and teaching are dedicated to the social and cultural processes of change in their historical context, with a broad spectrum of different areas of life and work being addressed.
Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
- Fellowships are awarded in the European Training Network POEM.
- The following PhD projects are advertised (further information see on https://www.poem.uni-hamburg.de).
- PhD 10 Memory modalities in diverse types of memory institutions
- PhD 11 Modalities of personal memory work
- PhD 13, Internet ecologies of open knowledge as future memory modalities
It is remunerated at the salary level of the Horizon 2020 MSCA ITN lump sum for early stage researchers and calls for 100 % of standard work hours per week.
International students are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Denmark, UK, Germany, and Sweden.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
According to the grant programme, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recognized master’s degree in the research fields mentioned in the call of applicants or other related subjects. To be eligible for admission to the programme students must have a high-quality master’s degree or an equivalent academic degree from an internationally recognized university.
- Early-stage researchers are those who, at the time of employment by the host university, are in the first four years (or full-time equivalent) of their research careers and not in possession of a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date they obtained a degree which formally entitled them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
- Conditions of international mobility of researchers: Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment. At the time of employment by the host university, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host university for more than 12 months in total during the last 3 years. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- English language: Applicants must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and oral English is sufficiently advanced for them to fully benefit from the network training. Recognized English language certificates (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) must be submitted along with the application.
- Please outline your academic and professional experience during the four years following your graduation.
- For how long have you been working in a field of research?
- In which countries have you lived since 30 September 2015?
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and oral English is sufficiently advanced for them to fully benefit from the network training. Recognized English language certificates (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) must be submitted along with the application.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of degree certificate(s). The application deadline is March 15th, 2018.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
March 15, 2018.