Scholarships: The Thomas More Law School Academic Excellence Scholarship reflects ACU’s commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate law program. This scholarship is valued at $20,000.
Host College/University: Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with seven campuses around Australia. It is one of the few Australian universities with a presence in Europe, having opened the Rome Centre in Italy in 2015.
Degree level: Undergraduate law program.
Field of Study: Law and Business. Student can Select any ACU undergraduate Law degree.
Nationalities: Australian Student are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valued at $20,000 to be paid as one instalment per semester for the duration of your course.
- $2,500 per semester for a four year program
- $2,000 per semester for a five year program
- There are two scholarships available.
- One scholarship is available to students from the North Sydney and/or Strathfield campuses and one scholarship is available to students from the Melbourne campus.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicant’s must be Fulfill the following criteria:
- Academic ability (ACU will access ATAR rankings after Year 12 results are released)
- Written statement
- Written references
- The course is the applicant’s highest eligible preference at the time of offer
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with a selection committee appointed by the Dean.
- To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- A minimum grade point average of at least 5.0 each semester.
- A full-time study load in the program under which they received the scholarship.
- Exceptional circumstances may be taken into consideration if ongoing eligibility requirements are not met.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Campus: North Sydney, Strathfield or Melbourne
- Year level: First year
- Applied through VTAC or UAC for an undergraduate Law course
- Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU
Applying procedure Instructions: Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of 500 words, outlining why the applicant wishes to undertake an ACU law degree
- For current Year 12 applicants – one written academic reference and one written personal reference (community engagement, religious or professional)
- For non-school leaver applicants – two written personal references (community engagement, religious or professional).
Scholarships Official Web Links: Apply online:
Scholarship Deadline: 5 March 2018