Scholarships: Applicants are invited to apply for Toshizo Watanabe Study Abroad Scholarship funded by U.S.-Japan Council. These scholarships are available for undergraduates/graduate students from USA and Japan.
Degree level: These scholarships are available for undergraduates/graduate students.
Field of Study: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover $25,000 for one year. Scholarship can be taken in USA and Japan.
Nationalities: USA and Japan
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Currently in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in either the United States or Japan
- Has applied, been accepted or plans to apply to a college/university or approved academic center outside of their home country as part of a credit-bearing course of study
- Demonstrates financial need for international study (i.e. Without financial assistance or support, would not be able to study abroad)
- (Preferred) Applicants who have been raised by a single parent or who have lost both parents
- (Preferred) Applicants without significant international travel or study experience
- (Priority) The priority for the scholarship is undergraduates who are studying abroad for a year or less. Graduate students and international degree-seeking students may also apply, however, the maximum amount of an award is $25,000 for one year.
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- All students must complete an online-application using the scholarship portal.
How to Apply:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Study Abroad Advisor Certification Letter (template will be provided)
- Financial Aid Certification Letter (template will be provided)
- Academic Transcript
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2018