- NASA Animation Fellowship for International Students in USA, 2018
- Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowships in UK, 2019/2023
- CRENC Studentships for MD Students, MDs and Medical Residents, 2018
- PhD Studentships in Computer Science for African Students in South Africa, 2018
- Freethinker Fellowships for International Students in Germany, 2018
- Fully Funded PhD Studentship at PML and University of Exeter in UK, 2018
- FCReL PhD Student Fellowship Opportunities in Canada, 2018
- Stoller Scholarships 2018/2019 for Undergraduate Course at University of Bolton in UK
- University of Cape Town Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in South Africa, 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarship for Australian and International Students at Massey University, 2018
Tübingen University Scholarship Program for PhD and Postdoc Students at German University, 2018
Teach @ Tübingen scholarship program is available on offer to do research and teaching at a German university.
As part of the Excellence Initiative, the aim of the Teach @ Tuebingen program is to give young international academics the opportunity to become familiar with research and teaching at a German university, and thereby to expand the amount of courses given in foreign languages ??at the University of Tuebingen.
The University of Tübingen has been a place of top-level research and excellent teaching for more than 500 years. Tübingen is among the world’s foremost universities and expressly supports common European values. These include the freedom of research and academia, the freedom of expression, the equality of all human beings and respect for human dignity, regardless of a person’s origins, religion, social status, gender, or sexual orientation.
This scholarship is available to PhD and Posdoc candidates to do research and teaching at a German university.
Field of Study:
The aim of the [email protected]übingen program is to give young international academics the opportunity to become familiar with research and teaching at a German university, and thereby to expand the amount of courses given in foreign languages at the University of Tübingen. For the teaching individuals it also offers chances to broaden research horizons and build professional ties.
Funding consists of a monthly scholarship and remuneration for teaching which will be paid towards the end of the semester; furthermore travel costs are reimbursed.
PhD candidates EUR 1468/month
PostDocs EUR 1853/month
Remuneration for teaching (min. 2 SWS, max. 6 SWS)
PhD candidates EUR 25/teaching hour (SWS)
PostDocs EUR 50/teaching hour (SWS)
Travel expenses for travelling to Tübingen up to EUR 1000 (documented costs, no reimbursement of moving expenses or travel expenses of family members).
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
If you are a PhD candidate in at advanced stage of your doctoral studies, or a postdoc who has earned your PhD in the load 4 years preferably from strategically important partners of the University of Tuebingen , you are eligible for the Teach @ Tübingen scholarship program.
- Academic ties with the Professor with whom the candidate is placed are essential
- Classes must be held for a minimum of 2 teaching hours/week (2 SWS)
- The classes offered are not allowed to replace basic teaching and should be designed to attract a large number of students.
- The classes offered must be made public and be open to all students.
- The classes offered must be held in English or another foreign language (philology).
- The candidate must attend an informative event and an intercultural training during the two weeks before teaching starts
English Language Requirements:
The classes offered must be held in English or another foreign language (philology).
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: The application is submitted online via an application portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de
You will need to upload two PDF documents:
- Letter of support from the hosting professor at the University of Tuebingen (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter from the candidate stating his/her motivation for participating in the [email protected]übingen program (max. 2 pages)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- List of most important publications (max. 10, max. 1 page)
- Proven teaching experience (max. 1 page)
- Course(s) which will be taught in Tübingen including the title of the planned course(s), the type of class (lecture, seminar…), the number of teaching hours taught per week (SWS), and a short abstract on the contents of the planned course(s) (max. 1 page per course)
- Contents of proposed research (max. 1 page)
- 2 further reference letters
- PDF: Certificate of the candidate’s most recent university degree (Masters or PhD)
Scholarship Official Web Links:
June 20, or November 20, 2018.