Scholarships: The Umea University is awarding scholarships to talented and high-achieving students from outside the EU/EEA. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Host College/University: Umea University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders.
Degree level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters programme.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Nationalities: Students from outside the EU/EEA are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Sweden.
- For autumn term 2017 intake, 42 scholarships overall were awarded to students from different disciplines, with an additional 20 students ranked in reserve.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships offered are in the form of tuition-waivers. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Eligibility Criteria: University welcomes you to apply for the scholarship if you have:
- An Umea University programme as priority 1 at universityadmissions.se.
- Completed your study application before the application deadline (15 January 2018).
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure: Applicants should fill out the scholarship form and submit the application together with other documents to University Admissions Sweden. Required documentation for all master’s applicants In order to complete an admissions application, students must provide the following documents after submitting their online application. Please do not submit documents that are not listed here, unless they are required by the university to which are applying.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution (university or university college).
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course list) from your bachelor’s programme.
- Proof of English language skills
- Proof that student meet the specific entry requirements (university’s website will have information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme they have applied to, be sure to check there for what is required).
- In order to speed up the processing of the application, University Admissions Sweden requires a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
Applying procedure Instructions: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2018