Scholarships: The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy at the Ruusbroec Institute for a Doctoral Grant (FWO) in the area of religious history.
Host College/University: The University of Antwerp is one of the major Belgian universities located in the city of Antwerp. The name is abbreviated as UAntwerp, as the abbreviation UA should no longer be used.
Degree level: Grant is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Field of Study: Grant is awarded in the area of religious history.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- The start date of scholarship will be the first of March 2018;
- A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 – € 2.469,08;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
Nationalities: International students are eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship can be taken in Belgium.
- You hold a Master degree in History, Philology or another field of the humanities/social sciences, and display a clear interest in religious, cultural and/or social history.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are willing to spend time abroad.
- You are fluent in German and -ideally- have worked on German sources before.
- Research experience in Austrian archives is a plus.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions: The application contains the following information:
- CV including a list of marks/grades of Bachelor and Master studies;
- Letter of motivation;
- The contact information of two referees (including e-mail, phone number and a description of your relationship with the referees);
- One writing example (e.g. chapter of MA thesis);
- A project proposal of approximately 1-2 pages.
- Applications may only be submitted online.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: February 11, 2018