Scholarships: The Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen is offering three PhD scholarships in Plant-Microbe-Insect Interactions, with expected commencement on 1 April 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Host College/University: The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Plant-Microbe-Insect Interactions.
Scholarship Benefits: Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie Curie Initial Training Networks.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark.
Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: At the time of commencement, it is required that the candidate has not been awarded a doctorate degree and are within the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. Furthermore, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account. The candidate is required to spend part of their project period at other institutions in the MiRA consortium on secondments.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English. The TOEFL is the most frequently submitted examination score that the University receives, however, the Admissions Office will use other measures upon the applicant’s request. The IELTS, ACT, and SAT examinations may also be used.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Cover Letter, stating which of the three PhD projects you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Max 1-page proposal for research activities to pursue in the PhD study program within the frame given for the PhD projects above
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc).
- 1-3 professional referees whom we are allowed to contact (Name, address, telephone & email).
- Documentation of English language qualifications.
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any).
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 14, 2018.