International Postgraduate Scholarship in Ghana
Scholarships: The Office of Research, Innovation, and Development (ORID) is inviting applications for TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for the 2018/2019 academic year, funded under the WHO TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme.
The purpose of the project is to enhance University of Ghana’s capacity and post-graduate training in the Humanities.
Host College/University: The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
Degree level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to pursue One-year Masters studies in Public Health. Ten (10) Master’s scholarships will be offered under the programme for the 2018/2019 academic year in the following areas:
- Masters in Public Health.
- MSc Applied Health and Social Sciences
Nationalities: Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible. Applicants must be from low- and middle-income countries within the WHO Afro Region.
List of Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros , Congo, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique ,Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
- One round return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- Tuition and academic user facility fees;
- Basic medical and accident insurance;
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost; and
- Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Nationals and residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old at the time of application for the for the Master’s programme.
- Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
- For postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page.
*Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible.
Please take note that the language of instruction is English
Applicant must have good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Applications for the TDR international postgraduate scholarship must be submitted online.
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at the University of Ghana.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: March 30, 2018.